AERIAL FILMING YORKSHIRE
Drone Video&Photography for businesses, agencies and TV; Made with love in Yorkshire.
Aerial Video Yorkshire:
We support the North’s leading digital content agencies and TV Production companies, such as ITN Productions and Wonder TV. We create drone video in the UK and abroad for national brands like Birdseye, M+S, Booths as well local business. Equipped with the latest drone video technology and a creative eye, Radar Film creates captivating drone video for national brands too.
We’re capable of delivering drone video in 10bit Prores up to 5.2K if required. Based in the Harrogate/Leeds area of North Yorkshire Radar have made drone video all over the UK in active and controlled airspace and foreign legal regimes too. Creating stunning, broadcast standard drone video is a standard part of what we do for our own business customers too.
AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHY YORKSHIRE:
First and foremost, we create video. We focus strongly on our clients values and try to bring those out. But we also create drone video as a core part of what we do. In fact, it’s how we started a few years ago.
We can also create stunning high resolution images by conducting drone photography from on high too.
In addition to aerial film, we make corporate film and social media video. We’re video production company first and foremost, but we provide drone video and photography as a core part of our offering.
If you are interested in the cost take a look at our blog post on cost. Likewise, take a look here if you are interested in the legal framework around it. Needless to say we are fully insured and qualified.
Drones aren’t the future of video production. They are the now.
Drone Video – It’s not ALL about the drone
Radar Film shot the drone video for two prime time linear TV documentaries in 2019 in the UK. We worked alongside ITN Productions to create the aerial shots in support of the narrative of a film about a serial Killer in the Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire area. Our task was to fly over ‘congested areas’ within a live ‘air traffic’ environment near to Luton Airport, shortly after the Gatwick airport incident involving illegal drone use. Un-daunted, we simply did what we always do, which is to spend time in the pre-production phase, identifying the best locations, making contact with the right air traffic tower and seek the correct permissions with the most workable parameters. The shoot went off without a hitch, and we delivered in 4K log footage in a variety of bit depths/Codecs as required.
We also worked alongside ‘7Wonder’ productions in support of BBC documentary ‘Hometown’ Once again creating the aerial footage to support the narrative. Again, we expended significant effort locating the best places and generating the required permissions to ensure success. Working around the clock, we shot at sunrise and sunset, and created vehicle tracking shots as well as general landscapes, and also flew at night time in Bradford, modifying the crew and the safety protocol as required.
Aerial Video for Agencies & Production companies
If you’ve got a requirement for TV, come and talk to us as early as you can so we can get to work on the pre-production. Using our skills and experience we are likely to know how to get the shots you need with a minimum of fuss – however it sometimes take a bit of time to line everything up.
We’ve worked in the EU and also in outside the EU on a variety of projects. International projects often require more liaison and specialist advice. In Spain for example, the penalties for drone misuse are very high. In Portugal, maps need to be provided and prior notification given, in Austria there is a pay permit system…whereas in Bosnia there were no laws whatsoever until this year. Get in touch with your drone filming requirements!
TV Credits include –
BBC 3 – Homeland – TV Documentary
ITN Productions – Joanne Dennehy – Serial Killer Documentary
Papa Johns Pizza – Aerial Footage for TV campaign
Onyx Business Park – Localised Video on Demand TV Advert
If you want to hire us for a project, get in contact via email. We can fly in pretty strong winds. We provide our official accreditation to you once we’ve been hired and you can download and keep it for your records. With proper planning we can also fly in most places, but there are limits and if you have an idea, then get in contact with us and have a chat.
Terms and Conditions – General:
- We are active on social media. We use, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn and we post to them regularly. Our presumption is that this is permitted, unless you specifically tell us otherwise
- Full payment for all work is expected within 30 days of delivery for business customers
- For consumer customers, full payment is requested prior to delivery. We expect to have to make edits to our work, it’s a perfectly reasonable thing to expect a customer to want.
- Specific permission to land and take off with the drone is required. This is different to having permission to film. If we arrive onsite and are turned away because permission has not been granted, then you will be liable for the full cost of the shoot on that day.
- All aerial tasks are subject to a go/no go decision the day before the task in undertaken. We can fly in winds of up to 20MPH, but we can’t get the drone wet because the batteries don’t like it. Obviously, this can’t be helped and obviously we won’t charge you for it!
What we do:
We produce video content on behalf businesses, agencies and TV production companies in the Leeds and Yorkshire area from the air and the ground. We work for national brands and small businesses. We are fully licensed by the CAA to fly drones. We create corporate, social media and TV advertising assets as well as photography.
Our Mission is…
…to create financial or social prosperity through the use of video while having fun.
How we do this:
- By listening to what you need and challenging what you think your value is
- By getting you to think deeply about who you are and who your clients think you are
- By doing the right thing
- By encouraging our people
- By buying our equipment from local shops and encouraging the use of local talent
- By turning up on time and doing what we are asked to, professionally and safely.