AERIAL FILMING YORKSHIRE
Drone Video&Photography for businesses, agencies and TV; Made with love in Yorkshire.
Aerial & Drone Video Yorkshire
We produce beautiful broadcast-quality drone video as standard. We’re far removed from being ‘just’ another drone videography company. Creativity and vision are what sets us apart and are two of the many reasons why our clients are large agencies and TV production companies. We are unique in the sense that we create top visuals for small business as well as national and international brands.
Relationships have been built with the North’s leading digital content agencies and TV production companies, such as ITN Productions and Wonder TV. Although our heart is in Yorkshire, we’ve created drone video and aerial photography all over the UK. We’ve filmed in active and controlled air space here and abroad.
But all this good stuff didn’t happen overnight. We have honed our craft using the best techniques and the latest in drone technology. We are rigorous in our approach to risk assessment and confident dealing with difficult planning scenarios. If you get the correct permissions you can fly a drone (almost) anywhere.
The secret is in the planning. Lead times can be long, around 28 days, especially when we have to deal with more than one authority. Turning up with a drone just won’t cut it. Researching is key, we need maps of the area, we need to know the maximum distance required to shoot the subject and we need permission from the landowner.
AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHY YORKSHIRE:
The added bonus of drone videography and filming is that we can take some amazing aerial photographs. These are high-resolution images that you could use for your business branding. The sky is literally the limit when it comes to the scope of images we can take, and you can use them on your website, social media and marketing material.
Take a look at our aerial photography gallery to see some examples. We also offer amazing ground photography. Think of us as a ‘one-stop shop’ for all your video and imaging needs.
Drone Video – It’s not ALL about the drone
We were proud to secure a commission to film drone video for two prime time TV documentaries in 2019.
Firstly, we worked alongside ITN Productions to produce aerial footage for a film about a serial killer. We had to shoot in sensitive and congested areas in and around Luton Airport. This all comes back to planning within the pre-production stage. Knowing the best locations to shoot and who we need to chat with in order to get the drone filming done.
Secondly, we provided aerial filming for 7 Wonder production company in support of a BBC documentary called Hometown. Sticking to our robust process of pre-production, we set to working around the clock filming sunrise to sunset. Alongside stunning landscape footage, we got to fly at night and created some vehicle tracking shots.
Aerial Video for Agencies & Production companies
If you’ve got a requirement for TV, come and talk to us as early as you can so we can get to work on the pre-production. Using our skills and experience we are likely to know how to get the shots you need with a minimum of fuss – however it sometimes take a bit of time to line everything up.
We’ve worked in the EU and also in outside the EU on a variety of projects. International projects often require more liaison and specialist advice. In Spain for example, the penalties for drone misuse are very high. In Portugal, maps need to be provided and prior notification given, in Austria there is a pay permit system…whereas in Bosnia there were no laws whatsoever until this year. Get in touch with your drone filming requirements!
TV Credits include –
BBC 3 – Homeland – TV Documentary
ITN Productions – Joanne Dennehy – Serial Killer Documentary
Papa Johns Pizza – Aerial Footage for TV campaign
Onyx Business Park – Localised Video on Demand TV Advert
If you want to hire us for a project, get in contact via email. We can fly in pretty strong winds. We provide our official accreditation to you once we’ve been hired and you can download and keep it for your records. With proper planning we can also fly in most places, but there are limits and if you have an idea, then get in contact with us and have a chat.
Terms and Conditions – General:
- We are active on social media. We use, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn and we post to them regularly. Our presumption is that this is permitted, unless you specifically tell us otherwise
- Full payment for all work is expected within 30 days of delivery for business customers
- For consumer customers, full payment is requested prior to delivery. We expect to have to make edits to our work, it’s a perfectly reasonable thing to expect a customer to want.
- Specific permission to land and take off with the drone is required. This is different to having permission to film. If we arrive onsite and are turned away because permission has not been granted, then you will be liable for the full cost of the shoot on that day.
- All aerial tasks are subject to a go/no go decision the day before the task in undertaken. We can fly in winds of up to 20MPH, but we can’t get the drone wet because the batteries don’t like it. Obviously, this can’t be helped and obviously we won’t charge you for it!
What we do:
We produce video content on behalf businesses, agencies and TV production companies in the Leeds and Yorkshire area from the air and the ground. We work for national brands and small businesses. We are fully licensed by the CAA to fly drones. We create corporate, social media and TV advertising assets as well as photography.
Our Mission is…
…to create financial or social prosperity through the use of video while having fun.
How we do this:
- By listening to what you need and challenging what you think your value is
- By getting you to think deeply about who you are and who your clients think you are
- By doing the right thing
- By encouraging our people
- By buying our equipment from local shops and encouraging the use of local talent
- By turning up on time and doing what we are asked to, professionally and safely.